The Children of the Damned (COTD) were born in 2001 as a tribute band to the legendary Iron Maiden.
The strong passion of the 5 members is one of the finest qualities of the band, and has created, over the years,
a dedicated following of fans in both in Italy and abroad. As well as performing in every corner of Italy,
COTD have played in front of thousands of fans throughout Europe, playing gigs and festivals in countries such as Switzerland, France, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Germany, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, England, Poland, Slovenia, Sweden, Finland and as far as Turkey.
In 2003 the great Paul Di Anno, the first Iron Maiden lead singer chose COTD to be his official Italian band
and he still sings with the band. COTD are still the leading European Iron Maiden tribute band.
COTD’s repertoire covers the whole thirty year long career of the English band and includes both Iron Maiden’s classics
and those songs that haven’t been performed live for a very long time if ever.
The band’s preparation is extremely detailed and accurate: COTD use the intros of the original songs and take great care for
scenography: banners, flags, a papier-mâché Eddie, and Iron Maiden-style clothes.
Children of the Damned’s highlights include the following:
– ‘GODS OF TRIBUTES’ HEADLINERS as BEST ITALIAN IRON MAIDEN TRIBUTE BAND at Palavobis, Milan, (June 2002) ;
– ‘1ST IRON MAIDEN DAY’ at RUSKIN ARMS, LONDON: THE ONLY ITALIAN BAND ADMITTED TO THE LEGENDARY LONDON CLUB THAT LAUNCHED
IRON MAIDEN AT THE END OF THE 1970’s (December 2002);
– ‘HEINEKEN JAMMING FESTIVAL 2003’ in Imola, the same day of the concert of Iron Maiden themselves (June 2003);
– ‘MARCON FESTIVAL 2004’, in Venice, as headliners, with an audience of 3,000 people; a festival that is one
of the most important in Italy;
– MANIACS OF ROCK 2006 and MANIACS OF ROCK 2008, GERMANY, as headliners, with an audience of 2,000 crazy German fans;
– BIKERS FESTIVAL 2 performances in front of 30,000 fans, in the occasion of the in Faro, Portugal (the biggest in Europe),
in July 2004 (with PAUL DI’ANNO) and July 2009 ( as Iron Maiden tribute);
– “ROCK THE NATIONS “a performance in Istanbul, Turkey, in the occasion of the festival (3,000 fans), accompanying the
FIRST and ONLY duet of the two former Iron Maiden singers (Blaze Bayley & Paul DiAnno), in July 2004.
– “LEYENDAS DEL ROCK”a performance at Festival in Spain, in front of over 4,000 fans, where COTD had the honour of
sharing the stage with SEPULTURA, in July 2007.
– “HARD ROCK HELL IV” festival, December 2010, sharing the stage with SAXON, MSB, HELLOWEEN and many others
– “RUNNING FREE AGAIN” tour 2011 with 10 days tour in Spain/Portugal, in October/November 2011
“MACHETE FEST” Savona, 2013, performing with PAUL DI’ANNO & BLAZE BAYLEY together (for the very first time in Italy)
In addition, COTD are acknowledged, supported and promoted by the IRON MAIDEN Italian Fan Club, with which they actively collaborate.
|Francesco Macrì||Andrea Moretti||Carlo Micheletti||Matteo Panzavolta||Claudio Tirincanti|